Parents Guide to Lunches
- Every Monday your child should tell their teacher if they are having school dinners or a packed lunch for the week. This choice must be kept for the full week. Choices can change from week to week only
- If your child has been ill on a Monday, please tell the office if they are having school dinners or a packed lunch for the rest of the week when they return
- If your child is late on a Monday please inform the office if they are having school dinners or a packed lunch when you sign them in as late at the office
- Please click the link at the bottom of the page to see the school dinner menu. Please note that this may vary slightly due to circumstances beyond our control
- School dinners are charged at £2.15 per day or £10.75 for the week. Parents can pay through Parent Pay. Please ask at the office if you need help
- Remember you need to give your child’s full name and class so it can be recorded correctly by the office staff
Free School Meals
ALL RECEPTION, YEAR 1 & YEAR 2 ARE ENTITLED TO A FREE SCHOOL MEAL
Children whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive free school dinners:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that as of 6 April 2010 does not exceed £16,190
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
For the application for for free school meals, please see the link below.
You can return this form and the documents to prove that you are in receipt of these support payments to the school office.
If your child is entitled to a free school dinner but has a packed lunch please complete the paperwork anyway. This is a big help to the school.
Please call to the office in person, call on 02082059324 or send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions and they will be happy to go through the process with you.
Please ensure that your child has a healthy packed lunch including:-
- Brown/Wholemeal Bread in a sandwich with a protein filling
- At least one portion of fruit/vegetables (we recommend 2)
- A portion of dairy food (eg a yoghurt/fromage frais
- Please avoid sugary drinks - water is best
- We ask for children to have a treat once a week only (Friday is a good day!)
- School dinner children only have a treat pudding on a Friday
- No sweets/fizzy drinks/sports drinks/take away food
- CLICK ON THE GUIDE BELOW TO HELP